As we all know, more than 80% of internet users prefer using Google over other search engines for searching for any answer. Google is not the biggest search engine in the world but it is a huge tool that draws traffic on your website. There are two equally valuable but distinct methods of retrieving traffic through Google, organic search and paid search.
The techniques to gain traffic through these two ways are known as search engine optimization (SEO) and search engine marketing (SEM) respectively. If you want to know more about the differences between them, then, you just have arrived at the right place. As one of the most-reputed SEO and Website Designing Company in Delhi, we find ourselves in the best position to elaborate more about the differences between SEO and SEM.
Quick Introduction to SEO and SEM
- SEO: The term SEO is an acronym of ‘Search Engine Optimization’. It constitutes lots of techniques and methods which helps the targeted URL in ranking high on a search engine in an organic way. SEO can be simply defined as the process of optimizing your online content in such a way that the search engines show it among the top results for the searches on the relevant keywords.
- SEM: Search engine marketing or SEM is the marketing method for businesses that is done by using paid advertisements that appear on search engine result pages or SERPs. Business owners as advertisers have to bid on the relevant keywords according to the business. The bidding amount may vary according to the number of internet users searching that query monthly. These are also called as pay-per-click ads or PPCs and there are many varieties of formats for paid advertisements.
Major Advantages of Organic Search
Whenever you type a query on Google or any other search engine, you get a list of links as answers below a few ads, all these links (URLs) are called organic results. These results are shown according to the quality and content of the corresponding webpage. The user traffic that goes to those links simply through clicking on them is called organic traffic.
Organic search and it’s traffic have their own set of benefits. Refer below for them.
- Google is the most trusted search engine and the most-preferred source for searching for anything on the internet.
- It drives the highest amount of traffic to an URL.
- Google has robust and clear algorithms to decide the ranking of a URL.
- Being in the top five results for a keyword indicates that your content is high quality
- Acquiring top ranks in organic search may take some time but once you reach their organically, you generally stay for a significant time.
- One-third of the clicks of organic search results go to the top-ranking website.
- The top 10 results of the Google search results acquire 92% of all search traffic.
- 57% of B2B marketers say SEO helps a lot in lead generation.
Major Advantages of Paid Search
Paid search or pay-per-click ads (PPC) are those ads that appear at the top of search results. The businesses pay money to show their ads with the URL above those results that earned their rank on the results page organically. Let us have a quick look at the benefits associated with paid search results.
- These ads are made to appear native and seamless among those results, though they have a little yellow box next to their title reading "ad”.
- Paid search or SEM has become more popular in recent years since organic search has become very competitive in the meantime.
- Instead of waiting for a time that is required for SEO results, you can get your URL seen instantly on page one of Google through SEM.
- Google’s Adword is the most popular pay-per-click (PPC) advertising platform of modern time. It generates 70% of Google's total revenue.
Comparison between Organic Search and Paid Search
Google is impacting not only the internet but our lives in general. It will sustain over a long time until another such robust and effective tool comes on the internet. While starting a Google Adwords campaign, you need to be extra careful. If done smartly you can get tremendous traffic to your URL much quicker and easier then organic search.
Traditionally, inbound marketers were used to preferring organic search over PPC campaigns and outbound marketers preferred paid search but with the Social Media ads and tools like Hubspot ads, the preferences are changing. If you want quick results, paid search is better, but if you are looking for a cost-effective method, then you may not find it better than SEO Services.
So, if you want to determine the suitable choice among organic search and paid search, then you should consult your experts at the Webpulse Solution Pvt Ltd, a prominent Digital Marketing Company in Delhi. We will find the best solution for you according to your goals and budget.